Hibiscus is known to have high antioxidant value, and this is why it's been widely consumed in the form of tea and herbal supplement. It can be enjoyed hot of cold, for its tart flavor, similar to wild berries. Not only is hibiscus tea excellent for your body, but it's also really easy to make:
1) Add 2 teaspoons of Hibiscus Powder to Boiling water
2) Let it boil for 2 -3 minutes
3) Strain and sweeten with sugar or honey (if desired). Many people add a little bit of lemon juice to balance the tartness.
4) Serve cold or warm.
Hibiscus is also known for making excellent skin and hair mask.
For your skin
Make an great hair treatment using Hibiscus Powder:
1) Thoroughly combine about 3 tbsp. Hibiscus Powder with about 8 tbsp. yogurt.
2) Gently apply the hibiscus and yogurt mixture to your hair and scalp.
3) Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
4) Wash with Shampoo and conditioner.
Hibiscus Powder can also be applied as a herbal oil for excellent results.
Simply mix Hibiscus Powder with Almond Oil, Coconut Oil or Olive Oil. Massage the herbal hair oil into your scalp for about 10 minutes. Let is sit on your hair for about 30 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
Hibiscus Powder by Henna Cosmetics is Organic and Raw. No external coloring agents or additives.
Disclaimers About Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a complimentary health system and NOT recognized in the West. Ayurveda practitioners are NOT allowed to prevent, treat or cure any disease. Please contact your physician if you have any health issues.
Herbal Supplements Statements
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products or herbs profiled here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.